Strongandagile.co.uk is the personal blog of Craig Strong, to share personal thoughts, opinions and experiences with the wider professional community. The hope in doing so is to increase collaboration, help and contribute to the professional craftsmanship of innovation, transformation and agility in businesses and product teams.
Craig Strong, EMEA Lead for Global Speciality Practice Advisory for AWS and is an experienced board member and Chief Technology & Product Officer. He specializes in technology-focused growth and innovation, where his efforts have supported and steered a number of companies to high growth outcomes, successful exits and acquisitions. He has worked across multiple domains, startups and enterprises covering globally publicly listed, privately owned, venture capital and private equity-backed companies, providing a unique perspective of challenges and practice.
For 20 years Craig has been developing and delivering market-leading products, transformation and innovation strategies, built on modernised operating models, software and technology solutions focused on customers needs. Passionately utilising Agile and Lean principles to help companies innovate and grow, he has worked and consulted for companies including Amazon, Sky, NowTV.com, Hargreaves Lansdown, Pearson, Financial Times, InsightSoftware.com, Tracesmart and others. He is also a member of the Forbes Technology Council.
During his tenure as VP of the Global Product Lifecycle and a co-creator of the Lean Product Lifecycle, his work went on to win two international corporate innovation awards up against other large innovative enterprises for Best Innovation Programme and Best Innovation Culture 2015 in both London and New York. In 2018 Craig co-authored the Lean Product Lifecycle book; a playbook for product innovation and development.
BEST INNOVATION PROGRAM
Pearson’s PLC is a global initiative for the consistent development of new products and services, using a scalable and repeatable product development and product investment governance framework, based on agile and lean startup processes. This six-step process focuses on searching for a viable business model, then on executing against established, in-market business models. The process has been tested through pilot projects and is now being ramped up through training of 1000 employees and 100 PLC coaches by the end of the year.
Events And Communities
Craig is an established conference speaker and regularly shares his thoughts and experiences at various conferences and events across Europe and the US including speaking at international conferences offered by Agile Alliance and Scrum Alliance. As well as speaking at many events, he was a growth founder/organiser for one of the largest and most active Agile groups in London, the London Agile Practitioners Group.
He is an active member of product and technology communities and leadership and governance forums including Forbes Technology Council member, Global speaker and thought leader on Innovation, Technology, Lean and Agile practices.
Craig Strong – Public Presentations :
- Creating Ambidexterous Organisations That Innovate & Grow – CxO forum Sullivan & Stanley
- On to a winner? How to tell if your product is a really good one – Bytestart.co.uk
- 5 Reasons Why Innovation Fails (Irish Tech News)
- The Lean Product Lifecycle – Disruptive TV
- Accelerating Your EPR with Hubble – Actian Hybrid Data Conferece (Video)
- Hubble – Accelerating Reporting & Analytics (Hybrid Data Conference)
- Analytics, Agile and Growth Performance and gohubble.com (Podcast)
- Lean Product Development – MBA Imperial College London
- Beyond The Early Adopter – Product Tank London
- Agile And Finance : Iterative Funding – Global Product Lifecycle
- The Journey Of A Lean Enterprise – Global Product Lifecycle
- Global Innovation Culture – Open Innovation Summit London
- Creating A Global Innovation Culture – 4th Edition R&D Conference Amsterdam
- Changing A Global Product Culture – Product Tank London
- Gamify The Cardwall – Agile Alliance Orlando, USA & Agile 25×30
- Impact And Value – Agile On The Bench
- Global Product Lifecycle – Lean Day London
- Theory Of Constraints – Agile Tour London
- Testing Specification Over Verification – Scrum Alliance Barcelona
- Winner of the best cardwall – Thoughtworks
To connect or get in contact please do so using the following options